While I went home for a few hours to take care of some paperwork stuff and get Hillary's sewing machine during the week we were settling in, this weekend was my first actual 'visit' back home after moving. Let's just say that my smile got bigger with every mile of wide open cornfields I drove past...
It was great to spend time reading stories, talking, watching Psych (thanks again, Naomi!), giving and getting massages, etc...
We celebrated Benjamin's birthday while I was home. The kids spent several hours the day before making paper chains to hang up as decoration. All I can say is I hope I get to go home for my birthday too so we can hang them up again!!
This was taken right before he started laughing and blew out all the candles but one... I have not laughed so hard during a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" in a long time...
The birthday boy being so kind as to model his new Urban Outfitter's shirt with his, well I guess I am still older even if I am no longer bigger, sis.

In addition to being Benjamin's birthday, this weekend was the wedding of some good friends of mine. I told everyone these two were some of the most creative people I know, so expect big things from the wedding. It was gorgeous.

I had the official title of "Dish Manager" and soaked up every minute of my reign. I also got to work in the kitchen with the professional chefs catering the meal. Talk about culinary inspiration. They were amazing!
All good things must come to an end, including washing-dishes-after-parties and weekends at home. I drug it out until 3 am, but eventually it was time... Happy birthday, Benjamin, and congratulations Sam and Nicole!
Where'd you get that hat? Me likey. :-)
ReplyDelete