Sunday, November 27, 2011

Four Whole Days Off

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. It not only meant 4 whole days off, a trip home, getting to see almost all my siblings, lots of awesome food, but a whole weekend afterwards with a great pal coming to visit me. More about that later...


We spread out the Thanksgiving meal responsibilities this year. I wrote the plan. Here you see a 'menu', a 'plan', and a 'list'. And Babar the elephant in a hot air balloon times three.



That became this.... (Except Babar).


The turkeys. That is right, we have now grown to needing to cook two turkeys. As you will recall from last year, we name our turkeys for Thanksgiving and it is a high honor to have them named after you. If you want to know what they were named this year, you will have to ask Sarah... She named them... :D


An almost full table. There were a few faces missing because they were in Afghanistan and Seattle...


Saying goodbye and heading home is inevitable, but when good friends come to cheer you up it is worth it. It also helps if one of these friends are as big of fans of Chinese food as you are and you happen to have coupons to a China Buffet two minutes from your apartment.

It also helps if these friends have a love affair with beautiful churches like you do and will go look at them with you.


But what is really awesome is if these friends will help you finish your room sprucing up projects. I had this idea back while student teaching and while it evolved a little once I started on it, I love how it turned out. And I could not have finished it without Hillary and Naomi's help!


Trying to pretend I know what I am doing....


And the finished product!! It makes my room so much cheerier! Thank you to everyone who made it an awesome four days off. You know you are blessed when you look forward to your time off and going back to work...

4 comments:

  1. Are those letters stenciled on the wall? It looks lovely. Can't wait to see it in person!!!
    Love you!,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had sooo much fun on thanksgiving. We missed you Daniel and Katie Hipps!! I love you!! And miss you a LOT!!! Tell Hillary I said "Hi"
    Love Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog Emily Blog!!!
    Love your blog reader
    aka Becca

    ReplyDelete