Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Miss Emily's Praises....

Sometime around Christmas, my boss suggested a brilliant idea of keeping track during the year of all the prayers God answered here at Compass. It is so easy to ask God for something a million times, as if the world would end if He did not come through, and then once He answers, forget to even say thank you before we move on to the next request. I for one have been guilty of this "beg but don't say thank you" attitude more often than not. So, I decided to keep track of my personal praises here at Compass. Specific prayer requests that God answered. It took me long enough to get around to it, but yesterday I finally hung up "Miss Emily's Praises Poster" on my wall.

God did not waste any time giving me something to write on it. I was given an important paper yesterday evening and somehow misplaced it. Today I spent a great deal of time trying to find said paper, asking everyone if they had seen it, and loudly announcing the ulcer I was working up by not being able to find it anywhere. When I reached my wits' end (which is far closer than some of us would like to admit), I finally heard God's whisper. It went something like this, "Ehum. Have you thought of maybe asking me where it is?" Embarrassed that I had not thought of that to begin with, I quickly breathed a prayer for help. Within 30 seconds, I suddenly remembered where I had set the paper down to help with a game. As I raced to look, I felt like a little kid about to open a birthday present. Sure enough, there it was, exactly where I left it. Joy flooded my heart as I realized God had given me the first thing to write on my praise poster, and that He cared enough to show me that He cared.


In other news, the kids are back! The smiles and energy filling this building from 4 to 6 are the best part of my day.


I can't get over how awesome it is to get to work with these kids every day, as my job no less!! Another praise I can add to the Miss Emily Praises Poster; thank you God for bringing me to Compass!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! He has always heard you...all your life...
    I love you Miss Emily!
    See you soon!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holla at my red team!! =D

    JS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool! god is sooo good! -trina

    ReplyDelete