Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Marathon

Last weekend we took a quick trip to Rochester, MN for Josh's marathon. We had the great pleasure of spending time not only with Nate and Amy, but also Dan and Bethany who came over from Wisconsin to cheer. We had a splendid trip. 


Saturday afternoon there was a 5k that Nate and all his employees ran. 

Oh, and Nate happened to take 1st in his age group. No training. Just went out and ran it no big deal... 


 Our lovely hosts. I do wish these people lived closer because they are so much fun to spend time with! 


Sunday morning, bright and early we headed to the start line to send everyone off. 


Gosh, he is so handsome... 


Peter and Ashlee ran some of Josh's training runs with him and decided to come do the marathon as well. Just a few minutes before start and so many nervous butterflies!! 


Compared to the marathons I have seen, Omaha and Kansas City, this one was tiny! It was fun to talk to the locals while I was cheering and hear about how big it was this year compared to previous years. 


And they are off!! 


With Nate's help we made it to several cheering points around town to support the team. Here Josh is feeling pretty good about mile 12. 


He ran off course for a quick kiss at mile 16. 


And was still giving high fives at mile 20. 


The pacer Josh was running with dropped out around mile 20, so he ran alone for a while. We drove to the finish where Dan and Nate headed upstream to help Josh run in his final mile or two. 


Thanks to my injury that kept me out of the half, I can only run about a mile right now. I waited for them at the quarter mile mark and ran in the finish. 


So, so proud of Josh and all his hard work!! 


Just in case you thought this was easy... 


While I was disappointed to not be able to run, I really enjoyed being chief of support staff. :) 


All the finishers together! Way to go team! And now a few other pictures from the weekend...


The little people put up with lots of being shuttled around and sitting in the strollers. The babies had an exceptionally good plan for dealing with stroller time. 


We were given a little tour of Rochester, which included my first time ever seeing Canadian goslings. So cute! 


If we are going to talk about cuteness though, there were four little people providing ample supply all weekend. I just can't get over how his face lights up when he smiles. 


Somehow little kids and books find their way to me. It is like they know how I feel about them somehow. 


Sweet baby Jaymon. He was fussing until I put my hand on his tummy and then he fell asleep. Made me feel pretty important. 


 After hundreds and hundreds of training miles, it felt good to lay around knowing the marathon was over. Although Josh is already looking for another one. Why am I not surprised...


One final highlight. The men went out to get some ice cream and came back with flowers for their wives. Goodness, did we ever feel special!! Many thanks again to Nate and Amy for hosting us, Dan and Bethany for making the trip to cheer and hang out and one more congratulations to Josh on finally getting the 26.2! 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful photo essay Emily! I felt like I was almost there! Congratulations to Josh. Now I have a son who has stood on the top of North America and a son who has run a marathon!! So proud!

    ReplyDelete