Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bad Times

Life is not all roses, sometimes bad things happen. This past weekend a bad thing happened to us. Someone stole our almost brand new (and very expensive) computer. It was perfect for school, picture collecting (which we do a lot of) and basically a wonderful thing. Just one careless forgetting to lock the car and bam, it was gone. I am not going to lie, I was pretty upset. We were still in the 90 days service contract, I mean, it would have been one thing if it was an old computer or one I didn't use like every day, or not the one I had been dreaming about getting for like 5 years, or not the one we had saved for like 6 months to buy. But no, it was all of those things and gone, just like that. 
 At the same time though, it gave me a chance to reflect a little on our life in general. There is a song I love right now that says, "Bad times make the good times better..." This was a perfect example of that simple truth. Yes, we lost something highly valuable to us, but at the same time, we are healthy, employed, madly in love, and so very blessed. So, I wanted to blog a little of the 'good times', which may seem ordinary yet are made better by the 'bad times' life sometimes throws at us. 


This guy never ceases to amaze me. Last night I mentioned that I was in the mood for ice cream and now that I am done with my cleanse I could actually have some. Stopping by the store wasn't enough for him, he took me to Coldstone for the best ice cream in town... 


 When I was 12, I wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle more than I wanted to get a drivers license. It is a little overdue, but I am working on it! I am still jittery behind the handlebars, but loving the journey of mastering the road. 


This guy on the other hand has several seasons under his belt and is always happy to take me 'motorbike riding' (as Keith Urban would say...)


That gorgeous green carpet? That is my backyard. That chicken on the smoker? That was dinner for company which just so happened to be my big brother who is still one of my best friends and his amazing wife. That super handsome dude cooking? I wake up next to him every morning...


Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes we know why and sometimes we don't. But there are always things to be thankful for and those 'bad times' do make the good times sweeter. What are a few 'good things' you are thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment