Thursday, January 31, 2013

Visiting Katie

This blog post is extremely overdue and under illustrated. I have lots of excuses for the neglect of my blog, but most of them all boil down to the same thing, I have been sick almost non-stop since the middle of November with one cold/flu after the other. This has left me wanting to do nothing but sleep in my spare time. Well, sleep and visit my beloved Katie that is. With her hubby gone for 7 weeks, I figured she could use a little cheering up from Nebraska and I could sure use a little nursing back to health in the mountains. 


It was the first time in a while I have been away from my guy, and Katie and I both felt a little something was missing. But if one must be away from her man (or her man away from her) then there is no better way to spend the time than with her sister. We made good use of the time talking, shopping, talking, eating, and did I mention talking? 


I am so blessed to have my best friend not only be related to me, but also someone that it doesn't matter if I go to see her while I am sick as a dog and lay around feverish on her couch, it is still a wonderful time just because we are in the same place. Love you lots, Katie, and looking forward to the next visit. My house this time! 

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a best friend. :) -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is cute! :-) Do Daniel and Katie live out in the country?

    ReplyDelete