Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Random Catching Up

So, graduate school, two jobs, designing/administering two long distance learning programs, being a young and inexperienced wife, trying to be outside any chance I can and blogging don't really mix well. One of them needs to go. Obviously, I ditched blogging. Here is a very small 'photo tasting' of the last few weeks. 


Something about this time of year really makes me homesick for the country. I love all the bird migrations, harvest, the yellow leaves against the incredibly blue sky. One perk of living in the city is I don't really hear the geese flying south so no one has to be inconvenienced by me dropping whatever I am doing to gaze longingly upwards, whispering a plea to be taken with them...


I am homesick for the wide open skyline, but the city does have its moments.


This handsome dude has been making his little wife happy for 5 months now. 


He knows how to include her in the fun activities he likes to do. 


And he picks the best date night places ever.


I realized the other day just how perfect going back to college to be a school librarian is for me. I love kids and kids books. And I love this little lady. 


I did mention two jobs. I am subbing quite a bit for OPS this year. Partly just because I love introducing myself to my classes every morning as Mrs. Beasley. <3


Both my jobs require that I wear professional dress. This is a new experience for me. The application of Emily's person wardrobe designer/assistant is still very open. 


For my work at UNO I was privileged to attend the Nebraska School Libraries conference. In addition to staying in a fancy hotel and eating delicious food off tables garnished with books (yes!!), I met a lot of new people and learned a lot about libraries and new books. And I drove amazingly fast back from Kearney to see my man who I missed dearly.  


We both participated in Market 2 Market this past weekend. Josh as a member of the relay team running from Omaha to Lincoln and I as navigator for Team Press On cheerleaders. By the end of the day we were both pretty beat but had a wonderful time. The runners set a new team record and the cheering squad made new friends and broke in its newest member. He not only is adorable, he also loves cheering and was a perfectly happy camper all day. 


She got in here twice! She spent forever trying to get his attention, just holding his arm waiting. I told her to take a number... 


Life is full, but good. Sometimes I wonder how I got so busy, but more often I wonder how this incredible life could actually be mine. God really does put beautiful things into our lives. It is our job to not miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment