With the onset of a simply astounding fall, we decided to venture outdoors and go camping last weekend. Plus I needed to try out my 0 degree sleeping bag. You know, to see if it was stout enough to keep me warm in 30 degrees...
We went to Hitchcock Nature Preserve right across the river. It was gorgeous. We hiked about 2 miles and brought overnight packs filled to the brim with all those things you wish you had in the mountains but didn't want to carry 10 miles up thousands of feet of elevation. Things like camp stoves, axes, and half gallons jugs of orange juice.
Anna came with. I love Anna. Josh asked if she wanted to go camping with us. She said yes first and asked when and where later.
The timing was perfect to watch the sun setting. How come pictures never do it justice?
Our campsite nestled into the bluff overlooking the valley. Funny how slow the interstate looks when you can see it from miles away.
This would be why we brought the axe. For a bonfire.
And so we could grill our pork steaks for dinner.
I was pretty pumped about the sleeping bag testing. I fell asleep slightly chilled (and disappointed) but when I woke up a few hours later I was burning up. Needless to say, the sleeping bag exceeded this temperature test and I think I could camp at least 10 degrees colder with no problems. I didn't want to get out of it come morning though, in spite of being referred to as a marshmallow and the Michelin man...
Speaking of morning, I do love waking up looking out of a tent.
I married adventure. And I am loving every minute of it.
Wow you look cold Emily and josh looks like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer. :)
ReplyDeleteTimothy
That looks like so much fun...for someone other than me! I am glad you married adventure too...you always had that crazy streak in you....wonder where it came from? :-)
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
L,
M