Friday, August 2, 2013

Day with the Nieces

It was one of those things you say you are going to do when you have the time and then suddenly the time and just the right circumstances get dropped into your lap. Last week I took my darling nieces to the Children's Museum.  


I don't know how moms live without coffee. I decided not to find out and start my day off right. 


They had a wonderful time. I had at least as much fun showing them everything. 


Who knew that fake cornstalks with fake corn ears were so entertaining. I knew there was a reason I wanted to bring them here. 


I was very excited to show Caroline the room of balls, where balls are flying everywhere and being moved through all manner of machinery. It was slightly overwhelming to her at first, until balls rained from the ceiling and then it was all wonderful. 


Melanie the fearless, who spent much of her day trying to convince me that even though she can't walk she should be turned lose with all the other kids. 


There were some areas made just for kids her size. 


It was difficult to get any pictures of Caroline because she spent so much time bouncing around all my pictures were blurry. 


Until we found the paint that is. She could have stayed here forever. 


In the mean time, I worked on my mom skills by feeding Melanie a bottle with one hand and painting this with the other. Well, Melanie did contribute to the painting some before we found her bottle... 


Back to Meme's house for some popcorn. What is the point of being an Auntie if you don't get to feed them junk food every now and again? ;) 


And finally. I officially wore them out. A real accomplishment in my world. Thank you for sharing them with me, Sarah!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment