Monday, September 24, 2012

Last Weekend

It was a busy weekend. 


I got a few lessons on my own baby bike. Let me just say I can't shake that grin off my face when I am out on the road. 


I went home for a day and got school completely in order so the kids could start Monday. Looking at all those books just waiting made my little teacher heart happy as a clam. 


I also brought down the paints for Rosie and John. They just couldn't wait until Monday to get started. I told Leah it was the cheapest and most effective form of sanity I was ever going to give her...


Driving home and seeing this. Harvest is well underway. How I miss the wide open spaces and being able to see nothing but the earth and sky for miles and miles. 


Sunday brought the much anticipated half-marathon. I got the biggest blisters of my life. 


But finished with a much better time than I had even dreamed of (1:58:41) and did my best to chase down my running coach, who put in a 1:34:40. And slept very well Sunday night. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment