Monday, March 12, 2012

What I Get to Do

Whenever someone asks me about my work I always start by saying, "It is going awesome; I totally love my job!" Then, more often than not, they ask, "So what exactly do you do at Compass?" When I tell them I write all the tutoring for our kids, they usually give me a look that says, "And you love your job so much because....?" I try to explain that I get to do so much more than just tutoring though. Which is the point of this post. To show a few of the other things I get to do at my job. And hopefully explain why I love it so much.

I get to ask the little girls in my small group at Kids Church
how I can pray for them .


I get to sit with them while they watch the puppet show and the Bible story.

I get to help them make crafts to remember the Bible lesson by.

I get to totally dominate while playing Hangman. (Or vise-versa...)

I get to read to my kids at the library.


I get to teach them how to find books by the authors' name.


I get to read stories to my kids.


I get to help them write thank you letters and Valentines.

I get to lose, hopelessly, to a first grader in a math game.

I get to have stories read to me.

I get to be a comfortable seat.

I get to talk to plants.


I get to ride in the van on field trips, squealing with everyone when we go over the bumps.


I get to be a part of life skills learning, such as shopping for someone else.


I get to learn new things, like ice skating.

I get to wear hot pink pants to work. And work with these awesome people.

I get to wear awesome costumes and lead impromptu skits.

I get to hang out and color with my friends.


I get to drag people on trash bags
down snow covered hills .

But best of all, I get to be here.

3 comments:

  1. :) You are an awesome person, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like taking care of us Hipps kids!!!!! Crazy and a ton of fun!!! :D I love you

    <3
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your work clothes! ;) And you too of course. :D

    ReplyDelete