Monday, September 9, 2013

Last Week

Labor Day weekend everything finally fell into place to go on a quick trip with Michael and Sarah. We have only been trying all summer, so we packed our bags and hit the road. 


I love my passenger seat on the motorcycle. Back when I was 12, the only thing that mattered to me in a future husband was that he ride motorcycles. How nice for me that this handsome guy does... 


This was our first time traveling with another couple on a bike and decided it is awesome. 


The more the merrier. 


After picking bug splatter off my face, learning just how much sunscreen is enough, and backseat navigating 8,500+ miles in 16 states during the last 3.5 months, I think it is safe to call myself a biker chick now. 


It was a short work week, complete with my new schedule of homework, my new office at the university and subbing. I subbed art and was just about to decide I was in the wrong masters program when I caught sight of this gorgeous pile of books in the classroom and found myself drooling. I can't wait to work with children's books every day. 


Yesterday we took a little drive to Lincoln to hang out with our riding buddies and my darling nieces. Here Josh teaches Caroline how to play Clash of Clans. She was fascinated. 


Sometimes I really do think my life is the best in the world.



Side note, for anyone who hasn't heard, Josh is getting well settled into his new job at Certified Transmission. He is,as predicted by all who know him, flourishing and setting records for learning quickly. My laundry days look a little different now, and I am so proud of the newest, soon to fastest, transmission specialist. 

2 comments:

  1. Honey...I am so happy that you are so happy!!! I love you!
    L,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily I love you. You Have such a happy life and It just makes me happy to see you so happy.
    Timothy

    ReplyDelete