Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Catching Up

I know my blog has been rather silent lately, which is mostly due to both a lack of internet and the Compass summer program being in full swing. Here are a few pictures to attempt to catch you all up on some of the going's on at Compass. 


A few weeks ago we went to Lincoln for our field trip. A stop at the Sunken Gardens for lunch and to see the fish made everyone pretty happy. 


We got to see some giant mammoth skeletons. 


And some dinosaurs... 


We had a splendid time. 


In the last few weeks it hasn't all been fun and games. 


But there have been quite a few "This is why we do this" moments. 


We made playdough. 


Which was probably the most popular activity of the summer to date. 


We have been learning about mazes. 


And taking coloring breaks. 


Every Thursday we write about our greatest adventure of the week in our Adventure Journals.



We have been learning a lot. Not just in the classroom. 


It dawned on me that this is my third summer at Compass. Three summers ago I first met these ladies and we were like (three fingers crossed). 


Gosh, when did they grow up so fast! 


We went to the Durham. Not the best shot of the museum, but hey, we got the important part... :) 


I was put in charge of teaching gardening again this year, and this time our garden is flourishing. One of my students confessed to me today, "I keep picking gardening class because I like to play in the water and the dirt." I told him that was why I liked it too. 


It is crazy to think next week is our last week. It hasn't always been an easy summer, but it has been so full of great teaching opportunities for both us and the kids. Stay tuned for more pictures hopefully after next week! 

2 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes knowing you will be moving on Miss Emily...or is that Mrs. Emily now?? Lots of love to you sweetie!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post!
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete