It is that time again. Moving time. After a year in what I
now lovingly refer to as “my neighborhood”, I am moving a few miles to the
south for at least the next 6 months. I love adventure, new things, new
experiences, meeting new people and learning about new culture. But I also love
things that I call mine. My neighbor kids. My No Frills. My Panera’s where I go
to use the internet and my waiter with the dreads who flirts with me every time
I am there. My running routes. My big tree in my front yard. My parking spot.
My commute to work. My cashiers at the store. My QT where I get hot chocolate
more often than I should. My beautiful houses in my neighborhood. My streets I
bike on to run errands. My library and my post office with my favorite clerk
named Zig. My Saint Cecelia’s. My eye level view of the world out my basement
window. And now I am leaving all those
things I love for an adventure. Someone tried to comfort me by reminding me I
could find new running trails, new grocery stores, new waiters to flirt with
me. And I will. But this place will always have something special in my heart.
After all, the year I have spent here has been a very full one. One year ago
exactly I started working at Compass. My heart has grown so entwined with my
Compass kids I don’t remember my life before I loved them. In one year I went
from not knowing anything to teaching by myself, leading on days when my boss
is out of town or sick, taking the kids on field trips with me in charge, and
even a whole 8 hour van ride in charge of the kids. Let’s not remember that one
actually. Nine months ago today I started dating the most amazing man in the
world who makes me happier than I thought was possible and still keeps me on my
toes as well. Wednesday, November 14, 2012
A Year Later
It is that time again. Moving time. After a year in what I
now lovingly refer to as “my neighborhood”, I am moving a few miles to the
south for at least the next 6 months. I love adventure, new things, new
experiences, meeting new people and learning about new culture. But I also love
things that I call mine. My neighbor kids. My No Frills. My Panera’s where I go
to use the internet and my waiter with the dreads who flirts with me every time
I am there. My running routes. My big tree in my front yard. My parking spot.
My commute to work. My cashiers at the store. My QT where I get hot chocolate
more often than I should. My beautiful houses in my neighborhood. My streets I
bike on to run errands. My library and my post office with my favorite clerk
named Zig. My Saint Cecelia’s. My eye level view of the world out my basement
window. And now I am leaving all those
things I love for an adventure. Someone tried to comfort me by reminding me I
could find new running trails, new grocery stores, new waiters to flirt with
me. And I will. But this place will always have something special in my heart.
After all, the year I have spent here has been a very full one. One year ago
exactly I started working at Compass. My heart has grown so entwined with my
Compass kids I don’t remember my life before I loved them. In one year I went
from not knowing anything to teaching by myself, leading on days when my boss
is out of town or sick, taking the kids on field trips with me in charge, and
even a whole 8 hour van ride in charge of the kids. Let’s not remember that one
actually. Nine months ago today I started dating the most amazing man in the
world who makes me happier than I thought was possible and still keeps me on my
toes as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So glad that having your mother live with you for 2 months wasn't traumatic and didn't leave a mark!! :-) I love your narrative here..you truly are a great writer and I look forward to reading about your new adventures in Mexico!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
L,
M
I loving reading about your life. I love your sense of adventure. I love your openness and honesty. I love you! I look forward to reading more about what the future holds for you. You are a blessing!
ReplyDeleteYou really are a great writer, Emily! And you've had so many adventures in the past year. That's awesome! Honestly, I don't think I could stand to live where you're living now (in "Mexico"), but life is always an adventure...so what can I say? :-)
ReplyDeleteWow Emily....
ReplyDelete~Yap
What a wonderful post! I love the way you truly live your life!
ReplyDeleteL,
Grammy
I know how you feel! It can be so eye opening to take a little step back and realize all thats happened in a years time. And moving is always an adventure :) Hope it goes well!
ReplyDelete